Write the perfect Mother's Day card
Whether you're celebrating your birth-mum, step-mum, grandma, auntie or someone else, it's important to let them know why they're important to you. Read on to discover our handy guide for writing your Mother's Day card.
a message for your mum
She gave you life, taught you to walk, has been there through all of life's ups and downs... However, not everyone has a straightforward relationship with their mum. If that's the case, there's no need to overdo emotional sentiment; but a warm, genuine message is bound to do the trick. Some ideas for a short but sweet message:
- Thank you for being there for me
- You've helped me through some really hard times, and for that you deserve all the love in the world!
- I love celebrating you, thank you for everything
for your step-mum
For the woman who joined the family a little later on; she might not know you quite as well as your biological mother but has supported you all the same. Some ideas for a card for your step-mum:
- Happy Mother's Day to the best second mum there ever was!
- Thank you for loving me as your own
- I'm so glad I have the best step-mum ever
for a special grandma
Whether she's like a second mum or you see her fairly infrequently, you wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. If you're stuck on what to write, how about one of these:
- You're the best grandma I could have ever hoped for
- Thank you for all the ways you've supported me
- I look up to you and would love to be like you when I grow up!