Father's Day is the one of the only times of year that we get to celebrate the main man in our lives and shower him with cards, gifts and praise that he undoubtedly does not want and makes him feel a little uncomfortable. The cup of tea and bacon sandwich in bed is an easy win, but what to write in his card is a bit trickier - do you go funny, rude or emotional? Well...we thought we'd give you a hand with some helpful tips on what you can write and how you can write it to make sure this years message leaves a tear in his eye (in a good way!)
Funny Father's Day card ideas
- Well done dad. I really am great.
- Here's hoping your Father's Day is as fun as your life was before you had kids
- Happy Father's Day to one of my favourite parents
- I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world, although, I haven't been offered anything yet so you never know
- Please accept this Father's Day card as a token of my poverty
Thoughtful Father's Day card ideas
- Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone as special as you to be a dad
- Thank you for always believing in my dreams and talents. I can't imagine where I'd be without you
- Thank you for picking me up when I fall over, kissing my scraped knees, healing my many a broken heart, and always being the most important man in my life
- I used to worry about turning into my parents but now I hope I do!
- Thank you for being my role model, teacher, inspiration, and the best dad a kid could ask for
Father's Day card ideas for Grandad
- Remember, only the very best dads are promoted to Grandad
- You're like a fine wine, Grandad – perfectly aged and limited edition
- Happy Father's Day to a grand father indeed
- Not only did you raise a wonderful [daughter/son], but you also helped to raise a pretty amazing grandchild!
- Everyone likes to think that they have the best grandad ever but there can only be one, and that's you